Applications Engineer (Full-Time) Canton MI
The Full-Time Application Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force, and to actively drive and manage the technical evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate and will identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work on new applications and projects with RSM, KAM and Global Product Management team.
• Understanding product and customer requirements by analyzing customer applications and markets.
• Leading local product management of new product introductions.
• Maintain expert level of product knowledge for all STAUFF products.
• Provide in-depth Product training to internal and external customers.
• Employ CRM system for recording details during sales-cycle of new applications or special projects.
• Interface with engineering lab to coordinate testing of new designs.
• Prepare design related quality documentation- prototype control plans, production control plans, PPAPs, DFMEA, etc.
• Follow internal and customer APQP processes.
• Initiate designs and modifications for components for continuing product improvement.
• Analyzing product placement by describing key features, advantages and benefits along with Stauff competitive advantages.
• Support business partners on non-conforming materials, Vendor Selection, operations and marketing materials.
• Complies with ISO 9001:2015 regulations and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Consult with HR Department as appropriate
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
• An understanding of basic fluid power concepts (CFPS a Plus).
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, or two-year fluid power associate’s degree with relevant experience.
• Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods with a strong interest for continuous learning
• Self-motivated, responsible and accountable. Team player that leads by example; is professional and respectful of others.
• High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
• Excellent oral & written communication skills; must be willing and able to interact with all levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner.
• Dedicated to personal and team development.
• Working knowledge of relevant products and applications is highly desirable.
• Strong customer service attitude.
• High level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
• Able to travel up to 40% of the time.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org