Position: Applications Engineer
Location: Canton, MI
Reporting To: Director of Sales- Key Accounts
Job Type: Full-time
STAUFF is looking for an Engineer with a strong mechanical aptitude, is passionate and qualified to provide customer solutions, collaborates closely with internal and external customers in meetings that include travel, and has an interest to produce value by benchmarking competitors and applicable off-highway markets, both mobile and stationary.
Stauff is globally regarded for the design, manufacturing and marketing of hydraulic fluid conveyance, filtration technologies, and piping/hose clamp solutions, used in a wide diversity of applications and markets.
Stauff focuses on our customers, our team, and our relationships with each. We bring integrity, accountability, and courtesy to every collaboration between customers, employees, shareholders, and our supply chain.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Technical Degree or equivalent length of experience for this advertised role
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools/methods with a demonstrated interest for continuous improvement
- Excellent oral & written communication skills; having demonstrated success to interacting with customers and all levels of the Stauff organization in a clear and concise manner.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Primary technical resource for the sales team and customers on matters of the sales process, technical value, and continuous improvement
- Interface directly with customers
- Collect and help define customer needs for successful product applications.
- Follow internal and customer APQP processes.
- Collaborate to supply control plans, PPAP, PFMEA, DFMEA, etc.
- Articulate technology and product positioning for assigned sales channel.
- Facilitate component designs and modifications for continuing product improvement.
- Support the sales process with sales / training tools and product development / enhancement.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge for all STAUFF products.
- Leading efforts to analyze competitive products and share winning sales strategies for selling against them
- Continually monitor market landscape for competitive product launches, innovation interests, and other trends
- Interface with engineering lab to coordinate testing of new designs.
- Complies with ISO 9001:2015 regulations and procedures.